Friday, February 19, 2010

Best adhesive for sticking plastic to ceramic tiles?

I need to mount a plastic extractor fan to ceramic tiles in my bathroom. What is the best adhesive to use?Best adhesive for sticking plastic to ceramic tiles?
Recently I used a glue that does what it says and I believe it will work on almost anything. Called Shoe Goo. It comes on a card and about a 3 oz tube is less than $3.00 here. I believe its kin to a polymer family of adhesives which once cured are not going to come off in one piece. silicone is good for caulking cracks but this stuff is a real adhesive. There is a sealer I buy that smells something like the shoe goo called Polly______ ( kinda smells like acrylic nail polish - really stinky). cant remember the rest of the name in a caulk tube, tube is silver %26amp; aluminum in color with blue lettering or background. and its tuff when set up and around $7-10 a caLk tube. can get this at a lumber yard maybe even wal mart. Let me know if you cant find it - lowes, local hardware store, and ace hardware is another outlet. If it dosnt work for you I'd like to know. cause I cant think of how it would not work. Might recomend cleaning surfaces with nail polish remover before applying though.Best adhesive for sticking plastic to ceramic tiles?
You can find double-sided foam adhesive in the home centers. This is very easy to use and gives a good seal that will also help to quiet any vibration between the fan and the ceramic tiles. As a bonus, it is removable.
You can buy mastic type adhesives from hardware store.
';Amazing Goop';, True Value hardware stores carry it.


Or K-Mart, or Wal-Mart.
6inch nail

No comments:

Post a Comment