Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to make an adhesive for sticking paper to a plastic surface like,DPE drums,pet bottles,?

Method of preparation of a synthetic glue which should be useful for labeling paper on plastic materialHow to make an adhesive for sticking paper to a plastic surface like,DPE drums,pet bottles,?
I make wheat paste all the time for stuff. Usually to glue paper to walls. And it works really well. Recently I mixed wheat paste with sawdust and made a good wood glue that is amazingly strong.





How I make this glue is pretty simple. First take flour and water and about equal proportions and mix them together. Then boil a pot of water, about as much water as you put in the previous mixture. So I guess it should come out to be about 1/3 flour 2/3 water. You could probably toy with the proportions a bit. Once it gets boiling. Pour the first mixture into the boiling water and start stiring. One hint though, DONT just put the flour into the boiling water. It wont work. Keep stirring for a few minutes until its really homogeneous. Then you have glue!





I use wheat flour, and that usually leaves a brown residue one whatever I am gluing, making some parts not completely transparent. Ive never tried white flour, but I'd assume its better at being transparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment