Friday, February 19, 2010

Got adhesive grime stuck on plastic back cover of my camera, how do I remove? Mild soap wipe wipe didnt work.?

The camera is a Nikon F80 SLR with a back cover that allows date printing. The cover is made of plastic probably some kind of thermoplastic. I have no idea how the sticky substance got onto the camera or what it is exactly (got there after my sis used the camera). It looks and feels like the sticky grime that some stickers leave on certain surfaces after you peel off the sticker. I've tried wiping it with mild soap solution but that wasn't very helpful. They only way I know of removing the substance is by slowly and painstakingly scraping it to the side and then pinching it off but it takes forever and no matter how hard I try there's always going to be some grime left over. Please help. Many thanks!Got adhesive grime stuck on plastic back cover of my camera, how do I remove? Mild soap wipe wipe didnt work.?
Wet a cotton ball with some nail polish remover and dab a bit on the affected area , then wipe the area in a back and forth motion. This will remove the grime without affecting the cover but be sure to wipe the cover with warm water afterward.Got adhesive grime stuck on plastic back cover of my camera, how do I remove? Mild soap wipe wipe didnt work.?
Try using ';Goo Gone';. Find it pretty much anywhere, but test a tiny area first. Never had it harm any surface I tried it on though. Good luck.
Lighter fluid and a soft cloth will do it cheaply and quickly!
try rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. also a product called'; goo gone'; may be helpful. Good luck!
Try dabbing a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and wiping it with that. worst comes to worst nail polish remover will work but it might mess up the plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment