Friday, February 19, 2010

Can I use Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive to help mount a plastic piece to my concrete ceiling?

I'm mounting my stripper pole and I need something that can handle sheer movement to help secure it. It's already drilled in and everything but I wanted to add some glue because the pressure seems to unscrew it. Will Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive do the trick?Can I use Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive to help mount a plastic piece to my concrete ceiling?
I wouldn't trust it, especially for a stripper pole. I presume that part of your routine would involve hanging from it. If there is a way to fit a collar around the top of the pole and anchor that to the ceiling, it would be a lot sturdier. Hope this helps.Can I use Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive to help mount a plastic piece to my concrete ceiling?
Is the plastic ring a decorative trim piece, or is it intended to be structural, that is, to actually hold the pole in place?





If I were trying to secure a pole, or post like this, I wouldn't rely on a piece of plastic to hold the pole securely -- I'd use a metal flange, secured with concrete fasteners and perhaps some epoxy. THEN I'd put a plastic trim piece over that... but the plastic would be just that -- trim to hide the real fasteners, and not something I was relying on to hold the pole in place.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment