Friday, February 19, 2010

How can I get the adhesive part of a velcro sticker off plastic, even after the velcro itself as come off?

I bought a clock that sticks to my garage wall not too long ago. One night iforgot to bring it back in after it was -5 outside, and when I pulled the clock off the velcro stayed attached to the wall but the adhesive was still on the clock. How can I remove the adhesive now that the pad of velcro is off?How can I get the adhesive part of a velcro sticker off plastic, even after the velcro itself as come off?
Goo Gone, or Zippo lighter fluid.How can I get the adhesive part of a velcro sticker off plastic, even after the velcro itself as come off?
they make a product called ';release agent'; it is designed to take weather stripping off cars. best adhesive remover on the planet. I use it on plastics and painted surfaces and it never does harm.
Try acetone. It will take it right off.
Acetone may do it, if the surface won't be ruined by it. Alcohol may work; you might try that first.
Zippo lighter fluid. Works wonders on plastic for removing adhesive. I use it to remove the adhesive from the CD jewel case stickers/seals.
nail polish remover with acetone in it. READ labels as not all contain acetone any more.
try a razor blade.Or that goo stuff its like yellow and it gets even gum off shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment