Friday, February 19, 2010

What type of adhesive will bond plastic-type foam together, and the foam to hard plastic?

I'm trying top make a camera lens case from a tool box and foam padding. The foam is the pink plastic foam used for shipping in an xbox 360 box. I want to glue several pieces together then glue the pieces to the inside of the case. What will work to make the pieces bond together?What type of adhesive will bond plastic-type foam together, and the foam to hard plastic?
I suggest a water based contact cement. DuPont may even have a brand name.





The stuff I use is a nice aqua color, has very little smell, NON flammable, not very toxic, and drys rapidly. It can be brushed or rolled on both opposing surfaces, and works as well as any glue I've ever tried. I do a lot of FOAM gluing.





Another feature I like about the WB contact cement is that it cleans with soap and water initially, and yet works with the same properties as the lacquer based once dry.





Steven WolfWhat type of adhesive will bond plastic-type foam together, and the foam to hard plastic?
Another vote for Gorilla Glue. That stuff will bond about anything like crazy. It does expand though and is slow to set.
Use 3M foamfast spray adhesive it works great .You can get it a auto parts store
Gorilla Glue... Here's a link:





http://www.gorillaglue.com/home.htm





I use this on foam and plastic often in my artwork and it works great.... Just don't use too much as it sort of grows like mold... real fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment