Friday, February 19, 2010

Whats the best glue/adhesive i can use to bond plastic onto metal?

Whats the best gl: I have a plastic hood scoop i'm going to put on the hood of my car. The hood scoop comes with this adhesive already on it and i have to mount the scoop on my hood and let the adhesive cure for 24 hours before i can drive the car. I don't really have the time to wait 24 hours, so i was going to buy a glue/adhesive that bonds blastic to metal that does'nt take 24 hours to cure and that will keep the hood scoop on my car as long as possible. Does anybody know a good adhesive/glue/bonding agent that they sell at home depot or a auto store part store i can use?Whats the best glue/adhesive i can use to bond plastic onto metal?
If you can't wait the whole 24 hrs, then don't apply it. The scoop allready comes with the proper adhesive. You won't find any glue that doesn't have about a 24 hr. cure window. By the way, make sure all the wax is off the area to apply it or it will fail to adhere, no matter what you use.Whats the best glue/adhesive i can use to bond plastic onto metal?
I would not try it. Imagine driving down the road and seeing the scoop fly over the top of the car. Personal opinion is that I would not use glue-only to hold something like this on an area that is subject to the amount of wind and heat as a car hood. I would have fasteners going through the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment