Friday, February 19, 2010

I need to glue a plastic tube inside a metal pipe, the adhesive MUST be petrol resistant. What should i use?

On my motorbike petrol tank, the internal vent pipe is corroded. The only way to fix it short of cutting the tank open, is to insert a thinner tube inside the existing, leaky, corroded one. Obviously it must be sealed at both ends with some type of glue that is resistant to petrol. What can I use? I've various types of epoxy glue, but this will be a one chance repair, if it starts to melt or leak, I'll be in deep doo doo. Many thanks.I need to glue a plastic tube inside a metal pipe, the adhesive MUST be petrol resistant. What should i use?
i,ve used super epoxy before to seal a huge hole in a tank and it lasted yearsI need to glue a plastic tube inside a metal pipe, the adhesive MUST be petrol resistant. What should i use?
It's easier to cut the tank because petro and glue basiclly don't mix. But I saw this product on the tele that was like metallic bars about the size of a pencil, you heated up like soilder, and they claimed it was petro resistant. I'm sorry i don't remember the name though.





p.s j.b will not work well enough, unless you can live with the name Torch
you might look at stuff called JB Weld that might work good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment